HTML / HTML5
HTML is a markup language for describing web documents (web pages).
- HTML stands for Hyper Text Markup Language
- A markup language is a set of markup tags
- html documents are described by html tags
- Each html tag describes different document content
CSS / CSS3
CSS is a style language that defines layout of HTML documents.
- CSS stands for Cascading Style Sheets
- css defines how HTML elements are to be displayed
- Styles were added to HTML 4.0 to solve a problem
- css saves a lot of work
- External Style Sheets are stored in CSS files
PHP is a server-side scripting language created in 1995 and designed for web development.
- php is an acronym for "PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor"
- php is a widely-used, open source scripting language
- php scripts are executed on the server
- php is free to download and use
SQL is a standardized query language to communicate with a database. According to ANSI (American National Standards Institute), it is the standard language for relational database management systems.
- sql can execute queries against a database
- sql can retrieve data from a database
- sql can insert records in a database
- sql can update records in a database
- sql can delete records from a database
- sql can create new databases
- sql can create new tables in a database
- sql can create stored procedures in a database
- sql can create views in a database
- sql can set permissions on tables, procedures, and views
AJAX is a client-side script that exchanging data with a server/database, and updates part of a web page without reloading the entire page.
- Ajax is a technique for creating fast and dynamic web pages.
- Ajax allows web pages to be updated asynchronously by exchanging small amounts of data with the server behind the scenes. This means that it is possible to update parts of a web page, without reloading the whole page.
- Classic web pages, (which do not use AJAX) must reload the entire page if the content need change.